Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Vegan Almond Roca Cookies

One of the Christmas treats I grew up with were my great-grandma's almond roca cookies. She kept them in those little round holiday cookie tins and I didn't realize until recently that almond roca was something different than these cookies, but these are still my favorite! The recipe was fairly easily to vegan-ize and still tasty.

Almond Roca Cookies

Cream well:

1 c butter (I use Earth Balance)

1 c sugar

Then add:

1 T vanilla

2 c flour

½ t salt

Roll out the dough on a cookie sheet until it covers the whole sheet. Bake for 13 minutes at 350. After you remove the pan from the oven, immediately cover with 12 oz of chocolate chips. Let them sit for a couple minutes and then spread the chocolate evenly. Top with chopped almonds. Cut into triangles and let them sit so the chocolate can harden. Delicious!

1 comment: