Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Seder Menu

I'm trying to plan more in advance for our Passover seder this year, since last year's was rather last minute and not how I'd hoped. We ordered a children's Haggadah for Jael since the liturgy is somewhat long for children, along with a pretty silver plated seder plate. I've found some great ideas for vegan seder plates from googling, along with recipes for the meal.

Here are some ideas we are choosing from:
Chasoret
Matzo Stuffed Mushrooms
Sweet Potato Kugel or Potato Mushroom Kugel
Israeli Carrot Salad
Sweet Potato Pear Tzimmes with Pecans and Raisins
Matzoh Ball Soup
Chocolate Matzoh or Chocolate Matzo Brittle

Jael is going to help me set the table all pretty. And we have a collection of Passover board books and storybooks that we've been ready to prepare. I'm excited about Jael learning and celebrating how God brought His people out of Egypt...and the Passover lamb...and the meaning behind the symbolism.

No comments:

Post a Comment